Plush, exclusive airport lounges are a privilege and often closed off to the non-frequent flyer. However, Singapore’s Changi Airport is looking to change that with The Shilla Beauty loft located at Terminal 3. So whether you’re flying coach or first-class, be sure to check out the pre-flight pampering options situated above its multi-brand beauty store on level one.
Chanel Beauty Lounge
From the moment you step in and are gracefully welcome by a concierge, you will be immersed in the world of Coco Chanel – in the facets of skincare, makeup and fragrance services artfully tailored for the traveller. Arguably the most exclusive of the four brands represented, this by-invitation only Beauty Lounge offers pre-flight makeovers, flash manicures and exclusive products. Alternatively, clients can simply enjoy some light refreshments while browsing through the Chanel books on display. There’s even a specially-designed skincare cocoon in which you’ll be treated by dedicated experts as you lie back and relax. Now we could reveal more, but we wouldn’t want to spoil the surprise.
3 must-try services
- Landing Makeup Essentials (10 mins): Quick makeup touch-up with tips from a beauty stylist
- Relaxing Before Boarding (20 mins): A gentle ritual to relax and ease tension in the shoulders, neck and arms, followed by a hand massage and an oshibori (hot towel)
- Travel In Comfort (20 mins): Customised skincare application to keep skin protected and moisturised throughout your flight, eye and facial treatment followed by a massage to revitalise the skin and prevent signs of fatigue. Complete the session, if you wish, with natural-looking makeup
Dior Beauty House
The very first of its kind in any airport worldwide, Dior Beauty House offers clients a personalised shopping experience. Here, you’ll find the Dior La Collection Privée range of 12 exclusive scents for men and women. What’s more, trained Fragrance Specialists are on hand to guide you through a Signature Fragrance Consultation to help you discover a signature scent for your personality.
Other services also include specialised make-up and skincare consultations using Dior’s cutting-edge skin analyser, as well as express facials, hand massages and pre-flight make-overs inspired by the backstage stations of Dior Couture runway shows. And for the beauty geeks among you, the chance to get a rare preview of Dior limited editions is surely not to be missed.
For more information, call +65 9816 6114
3 must-try services
- Dior Beauty Secrets facial service (15 mins): Revitalise the skin with some of Dior’s skincare products
- Fragrance consultation (10-30 mins): Indulge in an olfactory journey before embarking on your actual journey
- Flash makeup services (10 mins): Want that smokey eye or red lip look that was spotted on the latest fashion runway? Dior’s Makeup Artist will translate that into a wearable everyday look for you
Luxury Skincare Bar by La Prairie
The opening of the Luxury Skincare Bar by La Prairie marks a major milestone for the brand. Its first global presence in an airport comprises a succession of spaces that allow you to enjoy a relaxing hand massage, get a one-on-one skin consultation, or just test and experience their products. Did we mention there’s even a beverage bar? So why not grab a drink, sit back and lounge in comfort on the sofas.
By invitation only
For more information, call +65 6585 0310 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
3 must-try services
- Legendary Caviar Treatment (5-20 mins): Need some lifting and skin firming prep? Let your skin luxuriate in La Prairie’s signature Caviar range of skincare products
- Personalised Skincare Ritual (5-20 mins): If your skin’s a bit troubled from too much stress, this treatment will target your varying skin concerns
- Complexion Perfection Makeover (5-20 mins): From fashion runways to airport runways, glowing skin is simply a must
SK-II Pitera Lounge
Jet-setters will appreciate the SK-II Pitera Lounge – the brand’s first lounge facility located in an airport– as they have created a menu of facial and massage services specifically designed to meet the needs of frequent flyers. You can choose from a variety of express 15-minute treatments to boost your skin, or rejuvenating hour-long facials that’ll also relieve jet-lag and fatigue. Each treatment features the use of SK-II’s acclaimed skincare, including the brand’s iconic “miracle water”, Facial Treatment Essence. The brand’s therapists also employ various massage techniques to ensure maximum penetration of the miracle ingredient, Pitera.
Prior booking for SK-II services is advised, and walk-ins will be subject to availability
For more information, call +65 6241 0756 / +65 9352 3687, or e-mail email@example.com
3 Services to try:
- Express Pitera Boost (15/30 mins): Time-strapped travellers will benefit from this speedy treatment. It comes with light cleansing, a facial massage, skin indulgence and an immediate moisture boost with their Signature Facial Treatment Mask, as well as prepping with moisturiser and sunblock.
- Relaxing Eye Contouring Treatment (15/30 mins): If your eyes are feeling the strain of that long-haul, try this rejuvenating treatment that improves skin firmness, hydration, reduces dark circles and puffiness.
- LXP Ultimate Perfecting Facial (60 mins): If you’ve got some extra time to spare, this facial will help rejuvenate, breathe some life and radiance into your skin with SK-II’s top-of-the-line skincare range. It also comes with an eye massage.